Friday, April 28, 2006

Turn-offs: Olive Garden, Suffrage. Turn-ons: Ball gags, Cattle Prods.

Oh, Caitlin Flanagan,bless your pervy little heart.

Some folks are all bent out of shape over you. They think your obnoxious stay-at-home-mom, anti-feminist stance is particularly out-of-touch and hypocritical, seeing as how you're a well-off and well-known writer for the New Yorker who has quite possibly never had to clean a stove. (I say, while the tumor in my lungs that I incurred scrubbing the hideous appliance in our old apartment yesterday slowly grows....)

These people are sooo square. Anyone with a kinky bone in their body can see, watching this video of you on the Colbert Report, that you are into The Scene, hardcore. Watching the way you talk about how "wives" should stay pregnant, naked and in the kitchen, I can just hear how much you wish you were wearing that studded choke collar right now. When you claim to be a "safety first girl," I find myself fantasizing about what you and your husband use as your safeword? Is it "All-Clad"? "Swiffer"? "Au Pair"?

It's challenge enough to live in a 24/7 BDSM relationship... but to go very nearly public with it? That takes the kind of guts only a truly pain-loving bottom has... I applaud you, Caitlin, and hope that your Master rewards you appropriately...

14 Comments:

Blogger Mma Crankypants said...

Hilary-arse!

6:28 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

She's not very smart. But her puppet-master is.

10:08 AM  
Blogger effective nancy said...

Aha. So she seems so "clean" because she's really so dirty. I wondered. Thought it was interesting that even satirist Colbert looked incredulous at how caricatured her diatribe played out on his show.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Bells said...

Julie! A copy of your book fell into my lap and since last night, have not stopped reading it (ok, so I am working A BIT) but I keep picking it up. Loving it all but, and this might sound strange, I'm wanting to know more about the baby/PCOS stuff. I don't have PCOS, but I don't have a baby yet (for other reasons). I am engaged with this book ON EVERY LEVEL!

Glad you're still blogging.

Helen

7:41 PM  
Blogger kat said...

You are real! I know that sounds amusing but I'm reading your book and laughing all the way and 'googled' you this morning. I'm bookmarking your page. Another stranger in cyberspace following your life, this time one from South Africa!

3:38 AM  
Blogger M said...

Who advised her on her hair!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Angie Kritenbrink said...

Hi Julie,

I don't really have an opinion about Caitlin Flanagan (although I vaguely remember having quite a bit of disdain for her idiotic piece in the Atlantic Monthly about teenage sex) but I am too lazy to go post on a more appropriate entry.

I just wanted to say, I just finished your book and it was just delightful, mostly because you are totally insane. I am glad to know I am not the only one out there with a calm and patient husband who listens while I freak out for no reason. Good for you, keep it up girl.

Angie

7:54 PM  
Blogger austexgrl said...

Wait!! Is it true???Nora Ephron???Julie, tell us more!!!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Julie Oakley said...

I've just read your book and loved it, though I was vaguely aware of you for some time beforehand because I'd noticed some Interent searches for Julie/Julia that had ended up at my blog. As a fellow Julie I loved your analysis of the difference between the two names. I've always aspired to be a Julia, but my parents were probably spot on calling me Julie.
Anyway you've inspired me to start up my own less fattening year-long adventure, thank you.

3:26 AM  
Blogger Oliver Maurice said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:49 AM  
Blogger JetWriting said...

pay for a research paper

1:44 AM  
Blogger techieeeee said...

Infowalaharsh love it

8:16 AM  
Blogger Lillian J. Turner said...

Nice Blog. Thanks for sharing with us. Such amazing information.

MyBlogger Club

Guest Posting Site

Best Guest Blogging Site

Guest Blogger

Guest Blogging Site

9:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice Blog!!

You may be interested in Company Registration in Kerala and Business Registration in Kerala

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home